Friday, November 7, 2008

Our Baby is 3




 Alta has always been such a special part of our family.  Since we had alread had 1 girl and 1 boy, we decided to not found out what we were having when I was pregnant with Alta.  That was much easier said than done.  It was really hard to only buy yellow and green things.  As many of you know, I love clothes, and I was feeling very frustrated that I couldn't really go out and buy anything.   And to make matters worse, Erik and I had decided on a girls name, but had no idea what we would do if we had a boy.  Like my other 2 pregnancies, I had some high blood pressure issues.  Usually it happens around 37 weeks so the doctors say "great, let's have a baby today."  But,  I had issues with Alta at around 32 weeks so my doctor put me on bedrest.  That was so terrible.  I would lay around the house, not being able to clean or vacuum, and watch the house get messier and messier with a 5 and a 3 year old runny amuck.  That alone shot my blood pressure up, despite my resting.  I asked my doctor if I could continue to go to work if I took it easy.  My blood pressure seem to stabilize while I was at work, believe it or not.  But once again, to my delight, at 37 weeks it was so high that the doctor decided it was time.

I had my last child, Markus, cesarean and knew that the next child would be the same.  When the doctor said it was a girl, I was sooo relieved.  Alta has been the shining star if all of our lives.  She is extremely caring and kissable and loves to be around her family.  She especially loves to tag along with Libby and get into all her stuff while she is at school.  She seems to have inherited most of Markus' attributes; they are two peas in a pod.  

She is a true girly girl at heart and would wear her dress up clothes to bed, church and school if I would let her.  She constantly makes us laugh and loves to sing loudly.  

We love her so much and can't believe she is already 3 years old.  I shouldn't let her, but she loves to sleep with Libby.  Libby has a queen sized bed so she has plenty of room.  Sometimes I sneek into Libby's room at night just to watch my two little angles, snuggling together asleep.  Those moments make motherhood all worth it.  Happy Birthday Alta!



2 comments:

Jen said...

She is so cute and fun... my kids love her. Happy birthday Alta.

Annie said...

Happy birthday! Three year olds are so fun!