Friday, November 7, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

The kids were so excited for Halloween, especially Alta.  She asked me everyday if it was time to wear her new princess dress.  She wanted to show all her friends.  I remember the day when my mom would take me to K-Mart and let me pick out my costume.  He was a plastic thing that you would put over your head that would hang like a dress and then it always came with a mask.  Or, we would find things around the house to make up our costume.  I laugh now that it is all about the costume and some of them have sure gotten pricey.  Alta chose sleeping beauty this year.  During preschool, they let them go outside on the playground to play and get out some wiggles.  Even princesses can drive a boat at recess.
During their presentation, Alta got the chance to taste the "witches brew".  She was soooo excited to participate, especially with her mommy there watching.  Lucky for her the brew, that was supposedly made of bat spit, crushed bones, and ghosts' breathe, was just rootbeer.
Markus chose a ninja while Libby was the infamous Hannah Montana.  We live in a neighborhood with lots of kids which equates to lots of candy.  Their buckets were overflowing,  much to my dental bill chagrin.  They had a great time trick or treating.  I constantly had to remind Markus to stop running.  He was 3 houses ahead of Alta and I.  Princesses can't run as fast as a Ninja and a rock star.

No comments: